Re: Presenting Master of Orion, a space strategy game

Hi All,

Victorious, wow, that's a big post, I appreciate the feedback.

The planetary governor is new to the 1OOM reimplementation. It does help with the micromanagement, but I'll have to do some searching to figure out where your buffer overflow is. If you could post a save game, I'll see what I can do. There is some documentation on how the governor works, but its' in the \doc directory, which I haven't touched.

The map issues are definitely problematic in larger galaxies. Unfortunately the coordinate code is hard for me to understand, it doesn't directly seem to map onto parsecs, as would be most natural. I need to have a look into it and see if I can at least explain it better.

The issue of tech descriptions and more of the game text in general is definitely something i've been trying to figure out how to solve. I'm not as familiar with C as I'd like to be, and the game's code is a little baroque. I can just say that I totally agree more of the game text for flavor and tech descriptions would be helpful.

I'm still here, even if I have trouble sticking to one project for very long. The game is at least in a more stable state, apart from the few bugs.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mmaslo1124 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Audacity via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector