Re: Cosmic Rage, a futuristic MUD unlike any other

As someone who once had an sdl character, I can tell you that these days it'll probably be quite impossible to play a rogue. Ryacus managed ok because the systems that are in place today weren't a thing back then. if the SDL want to stop you from doing just about anything, they can. They can literally stop your ships from launching/landing from anywhere, jumping, etc. I don't actually know if the same restriction applies to factories, but since player police forces are known to have way too much power in these games, I guess it does. So you can't even build some fortress out in uncharted to use as a crime base, because if the sdl place these restrictions on you, you can't even land on your own shit. Ryacus is pretty much the only example of rogue rp that wasn't just "troll punches player, sdl immobilize troll, MI capture troll." The thing is, even the one criminal activity that exists, smuggling, punishes you if you do it, a fact which is out of your control. Planets will just randomly shout out over fc that you're smuggling, and then everybody hates you. Regarding cr's rp, don't even start about that. I wrote a post about this a long time ago which was, I do admit, a bit ranty and impolitely said. However, I changed a lot of things after the fact to make it a lot more reasonable, and posted it as a gripe. The gripe got absolutely no response from the hosts, despite there being 4 strong agreements and 2 agreements facing just one disagreement. When I finally brought it up at an htpc, it was immediately shot down with a statement by nate, in which I couldn't even properly figure out what he meant and which didn't even try to address the points I tried to make. He ended it by basically saying that "the writer of the gripe is probably just jealous, because they submitted it anonimously." I couldn't even defend myself to this accusation, because htpcs are set up in such a way that hosts have to approve every statement the players make. So my defending statement was simply rejected, and on we rumbled with other stuff. I get it, the hosts wrote the lore and they're proud of the universe they created. All I wanted to do was to give suggestions on where it could be improved, all for the sake of roleplay. There were some things in that gripe that could easily be fixed simply by appending an extra line to a help file there, creating a new one with some elaboration there. Nothing game-breaking, nothing that requires you to have a rocket science degree or anything. Why, for example, someone would need to be profficient at flying ships to join the gmc, jag, or even the MI is beyond me. I can sort of understand that the MI would have to know ship layouts for boarding the enemy but that's about it. Even that doesn't hold up too well if you scrutinize it sufficiently, because today's countries have different military branches that deal with such things for a reason.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Vazbol via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Vazbol via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : caribe09 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : saiteja via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector