Re: Resident Evil 7

Hi.
I have now got sighted help to check the camera and how it works in the Xbox version of the game. That is, after having set the settings back to defaults.
When turning, Ethan does not turn as fast as in the pc version. If you are phasing north and wanna turn east, then you need to turn until he have taken two footsteps. Then you might think that you can just count the footsteps to turn all the way around. If you do that, you won't line up strait north again.
@Seb: Have you actually got sighted help to check up on that in the pc version?
The good news in the Xbox version with the default settings is:
Because of the footsteps while turning, it is quite easy to line up again when you turn back. It doesn't matter much if you don't fully line up so you walk strait north again. It will sometimes makes movement more difficult, but it doesn't matter that much, if you try to line up as good as possible. When you save the game and then load your game, then you will be lined up again so you walk strait.
I also used the sighted person to figure out the following: When you have to look down, you only need to move the right stick down two or three times. You can't move more down than four quick presses. I wander if that's the same in the pc version. Speaking about looking up or down: I also got confirmed that in the Xbox version, you can easily turn the character as well when looking up or down. I'm not sure if it's just me who moves the right stick wrong by mistake.
Setting the camera settings to the defaults makes navigation easier when it comes to turning in the Xbox version. I'm sure I messed that up when launching the game for the first time.

Now to my progress in the game:
I have got the first two dog's heads and installed them in the door. I'm now in the bathroom where the game auto saves. I've noticed that the game autosaves in rooms or at places, where you have to do something important to continue. This is extremely helpful.
I know I have to flee from Jack again after having got the key from the bathroom. I don't look forward to flee from him again, because I'm not sure on where to find the broken crate where I can jump down, and I'm not sure on where to find the puzzle on the first floor.
What comes afterwards seems, out from the walkthrough, really challenging. But it might be easier than it sounds like. But I'm still up for the challenge.
Right now, I just have to do something else after having spent lots of time on the game this morning.
By the way: @seb: Have you heard the scream from somewhere in the house if you are going in the wrong direction for a while? Do you know where it comes from? Damn that freaked me out the first time I heard it. smile

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mr . brunete via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : seb2314 via Audiogames-reflector