Re: What's the Story Behind your Forum Username

Dekyo-NEC2608 is my username here, and it means:

  1. Dekyo: It's... a slightly random idea that came to my mind when I was playing Pokémon Crystal. So I liked it and I'm using it, in combination with things I like, for example...

  2. NEC. NEC is the name of a Japanese company. NEC means Nippon Electric Company, and they were the leading personal computer provider in Japan in the 80's. They manufactured the PC-88xx series and the PC-98xx series, which have a great videogame library. I like and know the PC-98 more than the PC-88, because of a doujin game called Touhou, which introduced me to it, and other things; one of them being the PC-98's FM sound chip, the Yamaha YM

  3. 2608. 2608 comes from the Yamaha YM2608/OPNA sound chip, and thanks to it I became the person that I am now big_smile, so I think of the YM2608 as something important in my life. It's one of my favorite sound chips.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Stevie-3 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Vazbol via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : smoothgunner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wightfall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : BigGun via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : BigGun via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dekyo-NEC2608 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dekyo-NEC2608 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jaseoffire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : zseli via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector