Re: Insight into the development of Halo MCC's screenreader accessibility

Hello there everyone, man this was an absolutely wonderful article, and I especially enjoyed your speech Ian. I have a question about the consultant end of things though. I'm going to come right out and say it. I haven't even got a full time job and have absolutely no prospects of getting one, since I live in such an area where I couldn't find any work locally, and the way they pay blind people, I would be spending most of, if not all of my paycheck on paying a driver to get me from home to my job, or a cab driver, and what I'd like to do is to become an accessibility tester for video and computer games. I'm signed up with the able gamers player panel but what I'd like to do is to talk to some of these game companies that we know of who are serious about including accessibility in their games for those of us who have absolutely no sight, and see if any of them would be willing to hire me as an accessibility tester. I've tested web sites for accessibility or lack of it in my previous job working from home, and I'd like to work from home if possible since I can't just up and move to a new location because of my circumstances being what they are. Video and computer gaming is my main passion and has been since the age of 4 years old, and I'm hearing about this kind of news in accessibility and I would give anything to be involved and make my voice heard. Just like the rest of you, I dream of the day when we'll all be able to sit down in front of a video game console or a computer and play video and computer games right alongside our sighted counterparts. I've read it on here and I agree, we're a ways off from that happening, but I'd like to be involved in this process if I can at all. So Ianhamilton or Sightless, any sort of help at all you can give me on how I can be involved or contact some of these game companies that are doing accessibility so that I can help them play test their products and make suggestions for accessibility features, please let me know. Have a wonderful day to all of you and this is so exciting.