Re: Accessible Chess apps?

Stupid question, but no less true.  I have a love hate relationship with chess.  I have to overcome my dislike of losing pieces to win.  Is that just a freaking me thing?
I remember when Aprone developed his PawPrints thing I was left at the mercy of the knowledge that, getting through with all of your people intact and alive was practically impossible, but even when playing castaways the concept of casualties bothered me.  I hate it!  This is probably what's kept me from progressing further and further with chess; I hate losing even a pawn.  Has anyone else ever had an issue with this and how did you deal with it?