Re: Do you want a clone, or do you want an idea

I remember about a year ago I posted a topic to attempt stopping clones. Lol. Anyone remember that one?

Anyway, I want to share my personal experiences with this topic. This will be a long post, so I might bore you half way through.
Feel free to skip to the last paragraph if you want to skip my project history.

I have a few projects I have started, only one of which is public. But I will display a summary of each one.

The first project I started when I actually got the hang of coding, is the level creator for rhythm rage. I created it because, well one didn't exist, and I was tired of coding levels over and over. So I said screw it, I'm going to try to code a program that will be a pain in the ass, but I only have to write this program once, so I don't have to write levels a million times. For years I had thought of how it would work, just imagining one, and I have to say, it has gone much further and cleaner than what I thought before it existed. So that project was completely original, and I was tired of coding so I took the time to learn the objects and methods used to make it. First thing I ever made from scratch.

I started working on another project about a week or 2 after the creator. This is the project that is the next biggest in development. Forum user an idiot and I were playing Dreidel on rs games and he decided to make a time crest reference. He used time crystals as the currency for the game. It instantly sparked an idea in me to create an online time crest parody in bgt. This would be a resource management game rather than a storyline. Each character would have their pros and cons. In this case, my ideas were not original, they were from time crest, but the style and format of this game were completely different. Plus it was online. A few people have this prototype game, and they all love it. It is very unique and different from other online games. Not complex, but not boring.

The third project is complete but not public. This actually wasn't my idea at all, and I did not start the project. Another person thought of creating a Random Evil Guy simulator. For those of you unfamiliar with that character, he is a stupid human like robot who loves watching tv, eating chips, drinking soda, and insulting everyone. I am not the type to like simulators, but I decided why not. I was the only coder of the people who were working on it with advanced coding knowledge, so I coded customizing tv shows and even different themes of tv shows. I really exercised my customization skills with that project.

The 4th one is a random file player. I don't have much to say. It has a guess the file game, and a list saver so you can load saved lists of sounds. There are a few small projects like that, that are not important.

The last one, is a crazy party battle. I want to recreate it. This obviously isn't my idea at all, and no way is it my own creativity. I am just interested in how it works. This definitely will not be a public project. For obvious reasons.

I'm not very creative, but somehow coding changed that for me. It is very hard to be original, but a lot of the work I do is original, or at least different. And I think the reason why I am creative, and can come up with original ideas or different ones, is because I enjoy giving myself a challenge, to see what I can do, and what I can learn to do. This is my third time trying to make a crazy party battle. Each time I have gotten extremely further, because I have learned a lot from my other projects. I am honestly surprised how I have made all of these things, how I have come up with ideas different, even going as far as making the level creator, something no one has made yet. And I made it public because I want to give back to this community. I felt like I could contribute and say thank you for all of the developers who work to make their games. It feels very special to me that I was able to provide not just something to this community, but something totally original.