bgt, array for loop skips indexes

This has happened to me twice now in 2 days. First I search for all files in a folder ,and have it remove all files that are not all wave or ogg format. I decides to skip indexes, and even quits half way through. It left a lot of files that were not wav or ogg left over.

The second issue, I am working with containers in the level creator. If the file has a grave accent or tilde after the semi colon in the filename, the file must be removed from the array. I tested this with 8 files. The first 4 were checked correctly. A semi colon but no grave or tilde. It detected 5 which has a grave, and removed it. It skipped 6, which also has a grave. It detected 7 which has a tilde, it removed it. But it skipped 8. Another one with a tilde.

I have never seen this problem of skipping before, and now it has happened twice, for no reason to my knowledge. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?