Looking for MUDs with a rich lore, magic related crafting and PVP

Hello,

Ten years ago or so I used to play MUDs and I remember I was enjoying it so much. Since I have some free time, I am thinking about going back to mudding to see if I’ll get the same enjoyment.

I'm looking for a MUD with a rich lore and decent player base that is combat (PVP) focused and has a deep crafting and magic system. By saying crafting what I want is to be able to create magical items like scrolls, wands, rods, and staves that can compete with the items dropped by npcs and have an impact in the game. I don't mind spending time and effort to reach this level.

I would prefer no enforced RP, though I wouldn't mind it being there as an option because there are times when I want to be creative.

As for the player base, I want to have the choice to interact with other players. The main reason why I quickly get bored and stop playing MUDs is lack of player interaction and like-minded friends be it IC or OOC. Even a simple player-based economy would go a long way in reminding me that I don’t play alone.

So far from what I gathered by reading the posts in this forum and Reddit here is the list of MUDs I'm considering trying:

Avalon RPG
Discworld
Geas
Clok
Materia Magica
Batmud
Lensmoor
End of Time Mud
Armageddon
Accursed Lands
Dark and Shattered Lands
Ancient Anguish

I know some of the above MUDs have dwindling populations or are plagued by issues related to admins and such so that’s why I need your opinion. Based on my criteria, which MUD would you recommend me to enter?

I know I want too many things and it seems like I'm searching the perfect MUD but shoot me your suggestions anyway. thanks!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ashandarei via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Garr via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tysonsylvester123 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ashandarei via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : crescent via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : snow via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tysonsylvester123 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : crescent via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bradp via Audiogames-reflector