Re: alternative magic and the day/night system?

hmm, for what I understand, walking will also pass the time, you can confirm this by checking on the system menu, or you will hear the other random battle music if it's night.
I forget which inn that lets you wake up at night, but I think fanmue do, or that other town, I forget the name.