Re: Monthly chat January2020

@Sovs, in fairness game of thrones is actually just a good story, though good as the series is, as with most things you should read the books first.

As regards online support groups, I'm guessing those are out there, but that's not really what either of us is looking for at the moment, since what we really need is some sort of contact with people who aren't my parents or each other in real time, heck, we've been needing that even before the cancer, given we're that rare thing, two people past thirty five with actual working brains who aren't obsessed either with our contributions to population increase, or spending time in crowded, noisy, spaces to imbibe neuro-toxins.

To an extent this is due to the area we live in, since we were forced to move back in September of 17, and we've ended up in a pretty small town full of much older people next to a huge, less than friendly crime ridden city (the one I grew up in and wanted  to move away from), to an extent it's our age, one good friend of mine in London and her husband are in exactly the same fix (shame they don't live closer), and to an extent it's all part of the jolly fun business of being visually impared in Britain.
Interestingly enough, my lady who grew up in America and lived in Germany for 17 years, as well as toured Europe, actually is of the opinion Britain has the most backward attitudes towards blind people she's noticed. Not in terms of legal equality, but in terms of people just being plane standoffish, or regarding blind people as a different species, or all those lovely little, "sorry we don't have room for you/you weren't good enough, which has nothing to do with prejudiced honest gov" occasions which I'm sure every blind person has experienced at some point, which seem a little more prevalent in Britain than elsewhere, at least according to my lady.

Again, at least we have each other, which is a good thing.

Okay, I'll stop complaining now big_smile.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sovs via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sovs via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : crescent via Audiogames-reflector