Re: BGT tutorials for beginners please

Well, BGT has in fact officially been abandoned already. I don't have a problem with it either, yet, as long as you only plan to make relatively basic Windows audiogames with it, where some features such as online multiplayer will either be missing completely or very poorly implemented. However, the question is when it's going to stop working completely on the most recent versions of Windows 10. There is probably no reason for that to happen for at least the next couple of years but it is going to happen one day or another. Not to mention that most antiviruses falsely flag compiled BGT executables, which is quite a pain in the neck if nothing else.
Also, it's just not a flexible enough language for anything but Windows audiogames. Don't get me wrong, I was a big fan of it for a very long time as well and I would still welcome it if it was actively developed again, so that some of its long-standing issues would be addressed and its feature set expanded, but I know it's never going to happen now. Philip has officially confirmed this.
Lukas

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Blind angel 444 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : tunmi13 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : tunmi13 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : tunmi13 via Audiogames-reflector