Anybody doing pottery?

Hey all. Since people were so helpful with my last question, here's another one that's totally different. I'm thinking of trying some pottery, with an air-drying clay at first, maybe trying to make an instrument or something. Anybody doing it, and if so, got any good resources for a total noob? I've checked both Bard and Bookshare and haven't really found anything except a half hour kids book on Bard, which I might check out. I know there are Youtube videos and my wife's sighted and will happily help me out, but I'm surprised there's not a book on basic hand pottery, what kinds of basic tools you need, basic techniques, stuff like that. I'm sure it exists, I mean an accessible one obviously.

Anyway, if anybody has any good recommendations, immediately accessible or not, I'd love some. Accessible would be cool because I'm sure my wife doesn't want to get sucked into my completely random hobby, although she did mention trying stuff. Like I said she'll happily help, I just figure the more information I can find on my own, the better you know?