Re: For what to live?

I'm not sure we're that low entropy, though. Whenever we take a single step, we leave thousands of dead cells and bacteria behind. Whenever we use the toilet, we leave tons of waste behind that can decompose and decay down in the sewers and further beyond. Whenever we make ourselves a cup of tea or coffee, that's a lot of heat dissipating around freely, a lot of water particles losing their coherence, and finally a lot of liquid and other materials being consumed, which can further turn into waste, etc. You get the idea. Food consuming, even reproduction, not to mention true intentional acts of destruction.

I think it's more beneficial for the universe, if it in deed holds on to this rule, in the long run, to preserve many individual specimen of relatively low entropy that are more or less stable and maintain their entropy making performance over their lifespan in order to achieve greater entropy in the end, rather than to have to come up with new, more powerful systems all the time that however last for a shorter while. After all, mankind has made up some really shining examples of entropy. If the atomic bomb and other weapons of mass destruction are not prime examples of some pretty darn effective entropy, then I don't know what is.
Lukas

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wing of eternity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wing of eternity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : khomus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector