Re: web browser games: interesting or boaring?

Well, I for one generally enjoy browser based games. They tend to be fairly in depth as far as a storyline goes, and they are cross-platform making them ideal for someone who doesn't necessarily use Windows all the time.

In particular I have played Sryth quite a lot before the developer began adding various adventures that involve a lot of grinding to complete. Still, for what it is I can't think of many audio games that have the same amount of game play, as complex a storyline, and as many things to do as Sryth.

As Dark said each game has its own strengths and weaknesses and I don't think one can simply say all browser based games are boring, are this way or that, because they are all a bit different. Kingdom of Loathing, for example, is worth a few laughs because there is a lot of humor involved in the text descriptions. Core Exiles is a great game if you are into trading and economics. The Wrestling Game is a decent text based wrestling game if you ar e interested in managing a wrestling federation and playing wrestling matches. There is no one size fits all browser game out there, but neither should they all be good or bad just like anything else.