Re: help finding people to discuss something with

I'll preface this by saying that there are different things people discuss about this show. There's talk about what happens in the show, of course, but there's also a lot of talk about the show's schedule and direction ("when does the next season start" or "how many princesses will we end up with?" are some examples) and also talk about the show's creators (what they are doing, when are they making appearances and such). Since you've already visited Equestria Daily, you're probably pretty aware of this, or at least the perspect that website projects, which is pretty widely shared.

The other thing to note is that the fandom is fairly large which means there are many groups that form within it. Each with their own appeal and own rules. And yes, sometimes even some rivalry between them. But I think this is a good thing because it gives you more of a choice as to where you want to go. I'll list some of the places I know here but I'm sure there many others.

And, this is probably already obvious, but I'm going to state the obvious a lot. Like right now. smile But that's because I don't know where you've been up to now.

Ok, two more notes before I get down to the list. To answer your post in the other thread, Aaron, which I think these places are much nicer than the rest of the internet, I don't think they avoid misconceptions entirely. So if you've met people who thought that blind people can't use a computer, I think the truth is you'll still meet them there. However, since they may be fending stigmata of their own, they may be more willing to listen once you've explained. But from the get go, I think its inevitable that a number of participants think that way.

Finally, my opinion will obviously seep through my description so I won't try to hold back much. But just because I don't like some aspect of some site or other, it doesn't mean that you won't. And if joining them is what makes you happy and is what you were looking for, by all means do it! smile I'm just one person with one opinion after all.

Last thing before the list: Some of these places may also contain spoilers for future episode. I don't know if that kind of thing bothers you or not.