A question with sending binary data in base64 string via post?

Hello everyone, everything good?
I'm still wondering if this will really work without processing overhead, but I haven't done any testing yet.  I would like the opinion of the most experienced.
I was wanting to make an algorithm in bgt to send a small audio file (about 1 mb maximum) encoded in a base64 string to a php script, via post.
On the server side, the script would take this encoded string and save it in the mysql database in the text field in a table, or else it would decode and save it as binary data in a longblob field (I still don't know which one I will to choose).
The idea then would be that another php script would consult the data in the table to choose one of the stored audios and send it to the bgt with the encoded string for processing, that is, decoding and loading the sound into memory for reproduction.
What happens is that, as I am still in doubt about how to store this in mysql, I also see a single problem: Sending a string in base64 via post would certainly exceed the standard php size.
I can configure this on my local server, but I don't know if even being able to do it on the remote server, if it wouldn't give me processing overhead and use a lot of memory.
I could store in the db the path where the files would be saved, but for that I would have to make the php script decode the string and the idea was to leave everything in the mysql.
All of that would be for a game I'm developing.
So, what do you think?
Do I continue in this endeavor?
best regards