Re: AVG and games are getting on my wic

I used to run no anti-anything on my machines. I would always have a copy of malwarebytes installed to scan every now and then (the trial would always eventually expire and this was before I had a debit card), and I was relatively ok. Sure there were times where i'd get something and i would eventually get rid of it or, on a few occasions, reinstall the OS. Whatever.. Rite? What made me change on this a little bit was when I tried to use cracked malwarebytes because I honestly didn't have a lot of money, still don't really but I was being a little too pinchy with it, and I had just built my new PC. Everything is groovy, rite? Until I go online trying to download mods for GTA IV. Now I guess somewhere along the line, I got a popup (I'm pretty sure I had ublock installed) and I didn't notice anything happened, just closed it. A day or two later I'm just using the computer and boom! BSOD. I thought my sound drivers had taken a shit on me since I was fucking with them at the time because I wanted my mobo sound to act normally. NOPE!!! While trying to reinstall windows 10, I got several errors, something about unpacking zip files I don't really remember. so I decide to make another windows 10 installation flash drive. I do that, it installs fine. I install malwarebytes. And while scanning I discover I caught a trojan that spread to every fucking executable on my drive, every game exe, every single one. Worse was that my storage drive was attached to my computer for the past 3 days so it spread to that as well... It also infected my first windows 10 installation drive.. So around 8 hours of scanning later and a few games I had stored loss, plus some drivers, old programs, etc, I was ok again. Next time I got paid I paid for the single device subscription for malwarebytes, something like $35 a year. Which is chump change for me, that's nothing. Never again. Malwarebytes is great and even though I've had some issues with it like I stated above, if I need to add exclusions, for files, it just works. I don't care for Windows Defender though. because I use windows 10 LTSC.