Re: Selling my projects

So I want to amend what I said last in here. I'm not taking any of it back, just adding something.

If Ivan wrote code for some of Haily's projects without talking about licensing rights or anything like that, then Ivan has no rights to that code once it's part of the project, to the best of my knowledge at least. If he walked out on the project, washed his hands of it, then without such a contract or agreement in place, his responsibility, in all senses of the word, was ended right then and there.
However, Haily might do well to consider crediting Ivan where his code did make a difference, assuming she hasn't done so already. It's good form to give credit where it's due, even if you have full rights to something. If I wrote you a user manual, for instance, I would appreciate it if I were mentioned as having done so. I don't need controlling interest or distribution rights, but a mention in the credits seems appropriate for someone who's put some of their resources into helping you out.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Hijacker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tonio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : seb2314 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : simter via Audiogames-reflector