Re: I'm trying to design a handheld console for the visually impaired.

This is just a project, however it is delicious food for thought.. I played video games up until my sight started failing me. Racing games were a challenge for the most part, but some I was able to manage.. I leaned more towards games like boxing, wrestling, Mortal Combat, UFC, and games that allowed exploration of levels. Nintendo's last two consoles were unplayable for me, but I can't speak for other visually impaired people.. I never played anything beyond a PS2 or an Xbox 360. When something seems impossible, I lose interest. I started looking for games to suit my situation. A console for the blind would be so awesome, but we all have very different financial situations, and we may not be a market to support it being manufactured. Sadly there are a lot of skilled and talented people with visually impairments, and that alone is at times what stands between them and a decent living.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : missdiggy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jimmy69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Arkandias via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : missdiggy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Wes Hollow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector