Re: what are your thoughts on BSG's new blog post?

One more quick observation and then I'm probably going to have to just bow out of this topic.
If one huge problem happens to be that we have sighted developers who are developing games for blind people and don't precisely know how to tackle the issue, and blind people seem to have ideas on how to tackle the issue, wouldn't it be worth considering that perhaps it is time we go about enabling more blind people to develop rather than telling them they can't?
As I understand it, BGT was supposed to be that kind of attempt.  We can argue all day and all night for the next kagillion centuries as to whether or not it was an absolute flop but the attempt was there.  We similarly placed a ton of hope in the idea of dragonflame, but to my knowledge little has been done with that, and what I'm hearing now is more so-called experienced devs going out of their way to bash anyone or anything that develops something else with a script pack.
To be straightforward, I would love it and think it would be nice if people would pick up a language and use it to its full potential, but I realize that kind of thing takes time to learn, and ideas don't linger.  I don't see how this is any different from being someone who has an idea for a good, even great soundtrack, not having the bucks to go and learn how to conduct and orchestra, then the hopes of being hired to an orchestra just for that purposes, so instead obtaining a midi controler or other keyboard and synth libraries to go along with it.  I'd love it if people would understand how much time goes into development of anything, but that understanding won't necessarily bring us great games or a vast amount of them any time soon.  Enable people to work and you might see a multitude great enough that even the mainstream community is gonna have to look at it.
What evidence to I have to back up that statement?  Our vision issues invented the record player; our vision issues contributed to the rise of pocket PC and subsequently to smart technology and mobile computing.  Our vision issues are issues that have revolutionized some of the greatest aspects of life if only by accident, but they've worked to our advantage and can keep doing that if we enable more people rather than hamper them with the kind of nonsensical negative commentary so many are seeing, and which I assure you has more power than many hiding behind the curtain of annonymity wish to let on.