Re: witch kind of movement do you prefer?

Well, it depends. Are you talking about grid movement, such as vectors andmaps, or actual navigational movement, such as menus?
If you are talking about menu movement, I'd say full. So, assuming you're using the m_pro class:
dynamic_menu_pro m;
void menu()

//Use the left and right arrows.
m.enable_left_and_right=true;
//Enable up and down.
m.enable_up_and_down=true;
// Enable Home and End
m.enable_home_and_end=true;
// Then add your items.

However, if you are talking about grid-based movement, I'd say go with what you like. 1d, 2d, 3d. But keep in mind 2d comes in two formats. It can be up down left right, or just left right, which is sidescroller, then use up or down to climb.
Hope this helps, I'm sorry if it doesn't make sense, I'm writing thin a hurry as I'm in class right now.