Re: Getting rid of the V Virus

It's rather hilarious how some of us are worshipping UAC, but I have to agree with Nidza and others about this one. Regardless of whether UAC is on or off, there isn't much difference. When you run a program with UAC off, you're automatically saying "yes, I'd like to install this." UAC is only meant to confirm whether you'd like to proceed with an installation and isn't meant to be for security, because it never even tells you if a program makes changes to your computer. When you say yes to UAC, you're allowing the program to do whatever it needs to do, and it likely won't ask again after that unless there is, say, an update.
Our family desktop actually came with two antivirus protecters, Defender and MalwareBytes, and they take care of what they need to take care of. I can see people excluding folders from Windows Defender, but disabling it entirely? I'll pass.