Re: Other Accounts to delete.

I'll outline why I jumped into this on alert.

1. Jaidon got banned, and very soon afterword, Lawrence McSue started accessing the forum, speaking a bit like Jaidon, and apparently relating info to him. This is already shady, but no action was definitively taken against either of them for this. Eyebrows were raised, and it was mentioned that if a strong link was ever drawn (i.e., they're the same person) there would be trouble. Given the context, I feel this was firm, but reasonable.
2. Lawrence himself got banned.
3. Jaidon has had these other accounts for...uh, how long now? Why did it take a couple of months, a ban, a controversial other person who truly may or may not have been another person given the circumstances, a return from the original ban, and then several weeks before it was admitted that there were accounts that needed deleting? Perhaps Jaidon has attempted to tell us about these before, but if he has, personally I haven't seen it.

None of this makes Jaidon guilty of anything heinous, and none of this merits immediate punishment. but I'm not going to apologize for viewing the whole thing with a bit of side-eye, and going on alert over it. Jaidon was merely asked to explain himself, and not punished in any way.

As has also been noted, we've had plenty of other people using alts, and a bunch of the community passively protecting said individuals, which as an administrator does not make me happy.

So no. I don't think this is unreasonable. He wasn't shouted at. He wasn't called names, attacked, banned or overtly threatened. He was told that having alts is technically against the rules, which it is. He was told that breaking the rules can and often does result in punishment, which is also true. In this instance, a little digging verified the claims, and those other accounts should be deleted now. The ones I could find, anyway.

Had someone else with a similar history done this, I would have acted precisely the same way.

Pro-tip: if you want me, in particular, to be gentler with a breach of rules, even an accidental one, come all the way clean. Don't make me dig, and don't get angry if I ask questions. It's not personal. I'm doing my job.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : swigjr23 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector