Re: infini crawl, text dungeon crawling rpg similar to the wastes.

For pausing NVDA I mean like turn it off temporarily, like put it in standby mode or something. Control just stops it from talking until the next event, but if you click on something again it starts back up. At least with the default controls. What i mean is just pause it until I tell it to start talking about.

For the log, basically, the way its supposed to work is an element that is marked with an aria-live tag of polite or assertive will communicate changes to the screen reader after the page loads. Normally, the screen reader only reads static text unless otherwise told about dynamic changes. I was using this behavior for the event log. So when I added an event to it, it spoke only that event, because that's the only thing that changed.

Well, now, it seems like Chrome thinks the whole log changes every time I add to it, where Firefox correctly identifies that only that one little part changed (I haven't tested Edge or Safari yet to see which side they fall on).

One way that I can get around this is to put only the most current event in the log and replace what is in there. When you use the reload log button to read back the contents, I'll put the whole log in (which is really just the last 50 entries, it doesnt store more than that) so that it reads everything in the order you choose based on your settings. Then when a new event happens, it'll replace the whole log again and so forth.

The only downside to this workaround is that you wouldn't be able to navigate down through the log using arrowkeys, but I'm not sure if anyone is doing that or not. I'm assuming you are though.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jescat277 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector