Re: Getting windows explorer to sort by date created

Find the folder that's giving you trouble and go into its properties. You should see a combo box asking what it should be optimised for - music, documents, general items or videos. Set it to general items and check the option to apply these settings to any subfolders. That should give you the typical columns.

That being said, like Haily said, I would suggest using something other because Explorer, ever since Vista, has been getting slower. I personally use Total commander which takes ages to configure just right but is great once you do. Xplorer2 isn't something I used personally, but know a couple of people that do and like it. It'll probably be much easier to get going with than TC.