From The Eyes-Free List: Voxmate - Calling All Beta Testers

The following message, is from the Eyes-Free List, though passing it along to yall here, to spread the joy and give this application more exposure:

Greetings all.
My name is Jakob Rosin, and I am from Estonia. I am writing to this group to seek for beta testers for our new app called Voxmate.
Part of my job is to be an assistive technology instructor. I had been noticing this for a while, that learning modern smartphones is quite a struggle for some people who are blind and visually impaired. I am totally blind myself, and to be honest, even though I consider myself an advanced user, I do find it quite difficult sometimes. Not to mention various accessibility issues in different services.
My friend's close relative had suffered a rapid sight loss recently and they were searching for simple solutions to access information when blind. We decided to try to tackle the problem properly and got started on an app. And that’s how Voxmate was born. Voxmate is like a platform of evergrowing collection of small apps, we call them voxlets. To navigate between and within voxlets, you need just 4 simple swipe gestures, which are easy to teach to anybody. We went to a Sight Village convention in Birmingham UK, and most of the people who gave Voxmate a go, got the basics within 5 minutes.
Today, we have got voxlets for radio, audiobooks, podcasts, news, reddit and more. We have made some games, like blackjack or sudoku, and even invented our own game Voxville, where you can build a village and then defend it from invading barbarians. We are currently investigating bringing optical character recognition and object recognition on board, to make it possible to read printed text and describe scenes. Soon, we'll have support for Twitter and Facebook.
But that’s not the end. We want to bring a lot of different services and features on board. In the future, Voxmate may offer the user access to audio guides in museums, or community forums, or even new ways of dating. It may provide an alternative way to access your public transport schedule or let you to tune in to and interact with a virtual conference. Basically, and I know it sounds a bit lame, but there are almost endless possibilities. And all that with just 4 different swipes. We imagine Voxmate to be the hub of everything you do on your phone.
However, we do need your help for testing the app. We've done a lot and would like the opinion of more visually impaired android users.. We value your time and input, so if you join our beta team, we will be giving out $50 in Amazon gift cards (or equivalent) twice a week to our most contributing beta team members.
To join, simply fill out the form on http://voxmate.com/beta.
I am happy to answer any questions you might have on this list, or you can write me off-list at ja...@voxmate.com

With best wishes
Jakob