Re: Pitch Black: Audio Pong!

Hi SLJ

Thanks for the great feedback! We'll be taking those notes and a lot of others into account when we release an updated version in a week or so. The cut-scene approach to the tutorial was a managing resources thing, we were conscious of sticking to our release schedule and thought due to the game being mechanically simple, whilst not ideal, the cut-scene approach was good enough, and so we decided to make it as entertaining as possible (with the silly VO).

The game's replayability stems from the simple but enjoyable mechanic. Many many games have one mechanic done well, especially on mobile, that's what we were going for here, with the added benefit of luscious sound design and fun characters. As regards charging £1.99 for this, the game play took over three months of on/off development to get right, and then every character has their own arena, and their own set of entrances, win, and loss lines- so a lot of sound design and creative work. Providing all of this for £1.99 seems like a very fair deal to us.

When thinking about how much small companies might charge for a product, consider the above, most games take a huge amount of work to get to the point where they can be shipped, even if they aren't perfect at release smile.

Anyway! Back to the gameplay! I'm making a list currently of little, time-efficient improvements we can make to the game that have been suggested by the community, if ya'll have any further ideas, please do shout up, it's great to get good feedback and if they're viable they'll go straight on to my to-do list.

Muchos love!
Harry

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PitchBlack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Jeffb via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PitchBlack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PitchBlack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PitchBlack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PitchBlack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PitchBlack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Garr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : germanico via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Garr via Audiogames-reflector