Re: TriadCity via MUD clients

Dark wrote:

What might be fun however, is to change the idea from "blind", specifically, to "none visual."

So, how about creating a part of the game, be that a neighborhood of triad city, where a player's vision is useless and they're forced to use their other senses in a way that does not make them "blind", but just forces them to explore things without vision.

As per my discussion of quests, there would also be a definite point in this area, perhaps some items a player had to find, and had to find entirely by using their other senses or trying to find the correct npc to talk to, however the basic navigation of the area would put the player into a position where they would need to both practice skills to progress, and also  expend a lot of time on their other senses to gain basic information about where they were.

This would also then effectively give everybody an experience of what it would be like to operate without vision, including a little of the real life neusence factor, without having to mention the word "blind" once, indeed players who like exploring and puzzles might well enjoy that sort of area for it's own sake and for the need to find out information in an alternative way.

+1. This is how our thinking has been evolving. It's not about "being blind", rather that the sense of vision simply doesn't exist there, say through evolutionary adaptation to particular circumstances. Rooms would be described principally through smell, sound, or touch; we'd either give players their choice of dominant sense, or perhaps not - perhaps we choose one for them when they make their character. The world itself would be adapted, where, say, signage is based on smell.

This hasn't been our focus while we're getting Dungeon ready, but it is intriguing to brainstorm what a world like this would imply.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TriadCity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TriadCity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TriadCity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TriadCity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TriadCity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TriadCity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TriadCity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TriadCity via Audiogames-reflector