The hosts of Star Conquest are creating a new game

I'm posting this on general because the game isn't released.
Okay guys! Did anyone know about this?
A friend told me about this game while we were talking.
I'm curious to see where it goes.
Signal nine, info copied from the site:
"We’re proud and very excited to announce that a Squidsoft project long in development is finally nearing completion and, in the coming months, will undergo its next phase of testing with the help of its first wave of players.
We call it Signal Nine.
We hope that the little narrative above has piqued your interest, because it represents the mood, tone, and setting of this new roleplaying game. In a retrofuture cyberpunk world, you’ll have the opportunity to play any of the roles so very briefly introduced above, and many others besides.
This is a game with a very heavy focus on roleplaying. But we have also designed it from the ground up to be accessible, and there is no obstacle to obtaining an entry level corporate or ganger character. While any character might potentially shake things up, more overtly narratively powerful roles can become available through a combination of character applications and our new karma system, which rewards players for good roleplaying and contributions to the game world.
Of course, we have also spent a great deal of effort developing solid mechanics for gameplay, including combat, crafting, health and surgery, hacking, vehicles, and much more, all with the aim of helping you tell the story of your character.
There are two sides to this world: the corporate and the underground. While the corporate world has private security and some other dynamic roles, it tends to be the more purely creative side, less engaged with the game’s mechanics — combat in particular. Most corporate roles are designed to allow players to add content to the game. Want to design ads, produce a television show, or write up the news of the day in an article, then go hang out at the local bar afterwards? Then a corporate role is for you, and in addition to contributing to the game world, it’s an excellent way to generate karma.
The underground side has the gangers, fixers, deckers, runners, and all the rest you’d expect in a cyberpunk world. These roles make heavy use of the game’s mechanics, but that is not to say you’ll be grinding for experience or points. Indeed, we’ve devised a numbersless system where your goals are what you make them. Want a shiny new piece of cyberware? Then it’s time to assemble a team, do some prep work, then hit the lab, hospital, or corporate storage facility that’ll have what you’re after. Or it might be guns, drugs, cyberdeck hardware, or something else you’re after. Your goal is never a number; it’s whatever will help you build your character in the direction you want.
Torn between these two worlds? Or just not sure why you’d ever roll up a copywriter when you could be a runner instead? Well, never fear: By creatively using your karma, you can have multiple characters, so you can be in both worlds at once. We’re excited to present the option for multiple characters for the first time in any of our games, and we hope to see players using their creative juices on both roleplaying the planning of their next heist and peaceful content creation.
We could continue to go on and on about the game’s features and we’re very excited to introduce them all to you, but for now, we’ll just tell you what you can expect next. The game still has a good bit of development left to go, but we are nearly ready to begin internal testing, where we will judge its basic playability and balance and make adjustments. Of course, we can test it ourselves all we want, and despite our best efforts, players will always find issues we don’t. It’s a law of programming! So the step after that is to begin opening the game on weekend evenings, allowing players to create temporary characters for short, self-contained scenarios that will continue to test the game’s essential systems. When the weekend sessions are over, we’ll spend the following week fixing and polishing, and resume again the next weekend.
Once we have these short tests going smoothly, the game will enter its beta phase. In this phase, the game will be running 24/7 and players will finally be able to see the Sprawl, the living city we’ve created as a playground. We’ll spend more time here making sure everything is working smoothly and paying close attention to the game’s balance. Changes will be fast and frequent until we’re satisfied with how things are running.
Then, of course, we will be in full release. You can rely on the game continuing to expand with new systems and innovations being added in live, as you’ve come to expect from us.
For now, though, we have no specific timeline, but our goal is to be able to tell you more very early in the new year. We just didn’t want to wait to announce this any longer, and we’re very much looking forward to showing you all the details about what we’ve created!"
You can read the story here:
http://web.squidsoft.net/2019/10/announ … gnal-nine/