Re: Is Instagram accessible for the blind

Angel wrote:

I can agree on that, at least on android, it is usable.
On ios, at least for me, it is almost perfectly accessible, not doing any work arounds.

I currently use it on my iPhone and it works rather well. There are a few glitches to work around, but for the most part, VoiceOver reads most page elements. The one thing that annoys me is the direct messaging system because sometimes VoiceOver loses focus while going through the list of messages. Also, when going live with someone, I couldn't seem to switch the camera. using the switch camera toggle at the bottom right corner of the screen. Regarding image descriptions, you can use the built-in AI to read them, or use seeing AI, or Envision to get a better description of the photo. Taking pictures using the Instagram camera is a little tricky, but you can simply work around that by using the built-in camera on iOS, which is fully accessible.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Blind angel 444 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTR_Assassin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Blind angel 444 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : techmaster20 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : The coll gamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : pool via Audiogames-reflector