Re: Can't turn on audio description with amazon prime video

yep! The concept of the activation of an accessibility feature being inaccessible is illogical and angers me to no end. It also angers me to no end when we're ignored when we politely bring this problem up with the company providing the service. Oh, we're told that they'll work on it, we're told that they'll be in contact with us soon, but are they? Hell no.

Of course people with a smartphone or tablet are going to tell you to simply get a smartphone or tablet and the problem will go away. Here's what I have to say to those people:

As crazy as it sounds these days, not everyone has or wants a smartphone and or tablet. I get that they provide some pretty neat features, but not everyone wants or has them. Some people get along with a desktop or laptop just fine, and they like it. If your only solution is to get a smartphone or tablet, then please don't say anything at all. Thanks!

As for companies, if they're going to provide something cross-platform, they need to make sure that accessibility features are accessible on all platforms. If their developers for a specific platform are unable to provide that accessibility, they need to be educated about accessibility. There is absolutely no reason for this to even be an issue other than sheer laziness or ignorance. Netflix has accessible audio description settings, so it's not impossible.

Another common argument I've heard is that since the majority of people use mobile devices, development is going to focus mainly on mobile apps. Okay, that's logical. You focus on what brings in more money. Just don't do it at the cost of accessibility on other platforms. Don't discriminate against people for their choice of device. Again, this shouldn't be an issue. It's 2020, people.