Re: Installing Lineage OS on my first generation Google Pixel

You should be able to update Lineage over the air, though major new builds will need reflashing, if I remember correctly there won't be a need for a data wipe though.
Google had made so many changes to the way Gapps are managed. One time they required devices to be registered with a code online in order to be liensed for Gapps, yet Lineage is still going around with gapps. It's a confusing process and I blame Cyanogen's commercialization for it, because romming is just not as worth it as it used to be.