Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

Hmmm, what interests me is how its broadcast now.
There was a hint that vaxine research was ongoing, but that that would be in our recovery phase.
You can interpret that in several ways but to my thinking it sounds to me that while in lock down we are all waiting till cases drop.
we have 2 possible community transmition cases which are unconfirmed.
Our cases are 102 but 2 of these are the issue here.
Maybe they are right, maybe not.
Predictions are that it will get worse but we will know in 2-3 weeks if we were right or not so they say.
As for the planet moritz, in principal I agree with you.
In practicality, when we come out of this, whenever that is, hopefully in a month's time, and for some much later we will need jobs and echonomy fast.
That will mean a big investment in fuel, that means oil and petrol.
No one will be concerned about the planet, we will want to get back to normal life as quick as we can.
Some like my dad and a few friends say we will have a new normal.
I doubt it very much that in fact we will have a new normal.
With most of the markets gone its going to be a struggle.
Then an interesting thing popped up at breakfast today, with the reduction of maintanance and other services we could have a power failier, except power is the factor that handles every other service which is essential.
Our lock down includes essential services.
If one of those stops, technically the lockdown is stopped as well unless it comes back quickly.
I don't think our government has thought about this.
To my mind, the lockdown can only work if its terms are met.
Those terms include the lowering and zeroing of our current caseload.
It also includes and garantees essential services will be stable to some degree.
If either of these terms are null and void, then the lockdown stops no matter what.
For me there are 2 scenarios.
1.  it goes as expected, cases drop to a number we can handle, everything goes back to a mostly functional lifestyle though we will have to keep clean and  safe obviously, we should do that anyway as it is.
2 and most likely, we lose a service like power or something for an extended period of time like more than a couple minutes.
Power, water and coms are essential.
We lose power, no cell towers, tv, radio, the net, water and suddenly you have a problem.
Some services have generators but not every household has one of those.
I don't think anyone has even thought about that eventuality.
Lets hope their either think about that and have or well who knows.
I just hope it works as expected.
People are expected to stay at home and wait it out while someone else does what is needed.
That assumes of course nothing else goes wrong.