Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

Dark wrote:

We're now in lockdown here in the UK, all none essential travel restricted, and the police just given powers to at least enquire on people's plans, and theoretically to fine anyone they see travelling without a reason (although as parliament pointed out this will be bloody difficult to enforce), though to be honest a lot of people are self isolating anyway. They're apparently taking a leaf from China's book and converting an exhibition centre in London into a massive hospital, with the army draughted in to help preparations.
Actually from a friend of mine in London, apparently things in the capital are really rather bonkers right now in terms of massive kews for shops and so on, though since she and her husband did as my lady and I did and laid in some sensible supplies a few weeks ago they're okay and just doing essentials.

Oddly enough, Mrs. Dark and i are pretty much okay, indeed with my lady on the at risk list I don't want to take too many risks in terms of going shopping, though we've got plenty of frozen things.

I'll say part of me is feeling a trifle smug in that whilst both England's social conditions for blind people mean I've not really had a social life, now all that being content with my own and my lady's company is paying off, and people are having to cope with the same, indeed this is another reason I rather hope some good comes out of all of this.

It's also important to remember of course that matters in China are improving now, so it will get better eventually if people can just get through things.

nice quote

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aryamansingh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Wes Hollow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aryamansingh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aryamansingh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aryamansingh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector