Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

My perspective has drastically changed since I last posted on this thread. I was far too complacent and didn't do any research/reading into the situation but still made claims as if I did.
Social distancing might sound like a buzz phrase to invoke some hollowed-out ideas about how to handle this pandemic, but considering the high level of consistency among the healthcare community internationally, I'd say this checks out.
While I might not be in any tangible danger of contracting the virus or spreading it to my family, my actions bear significant consequence for others. This is more important than just my family, friends, or even local community. What I do with myself could have a huge impact on folks out of town, state, etc. Is that a stretch? Sure, but the point here is that I'm not risking anything if it can save a hospital bed, ventilator, or life.
Far too many of my friends have remained complacent because they don't believe the spread of COVID19 is as threatening as the effects of shutting down businesses is or even other illnesses themselves. I'm avoiding certain people because they refuse to read and understand the significance of the situation, and I refuse to have an argument over something that is plainly evident to see needs to be taken seriously. That in noway minimizes the effects this has on the economy, declining mental health, or come what may from this pandemic, but people tend to minimize the severity of the spread of the virus when they begin discussing the effects the virus has on huge facets of life, treating them as if they are the only focal point of prioritization.
Maybe I'm being too harsh and erring on the side of caution more than I ought to, but these are just my thoughts at present.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aryamansingh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aryamansingh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aryamansingh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mastodont via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aryamansingh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Donavin . Liebgott via Audiogames-reflector