Re: Some node questions about audiogames

Find an HTML 5 game engine. Read about making browser games. Use Electron to package those games into downloadable apps, or read about Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) that let you ship installable web apps. Also look into pwabuilder from Microsoft for packaging on Windows 10/Xbox.

The web is an interesting platform for games, but you're going to hit more corner cases and will have to do your own research. I have my Godot Asteroids shooter running in the browser, but Firefox fails to detect my gamepad. Chrome detects it fine, but the speechSynthesis API doesn't work there for some reason, despite audio/autoplay working as expected. Anyhow, I won't go into any more detail because you're going to have to become comfortable figuring out lots of this yourself, and I'm still discovering benefits and pitfalls myself.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nyanchan via Audiogames-reflector