Getting a scanned image PDF into text form?

Some might recall that a couple of weeks ago I posted on this form on the fence about buying a not very widely available book on iBooks. I didn’t purchase it on iBooks after getting a couple of answers. but I did purchase it on Google Books, where it was cheaper. i’m still in practically the same situation however. The book appears to be a scanned image PDF, and I had to go through a few steps including installing Adobe digital additions on my computer to get the book open. Now I need to figure out how to get it into readable form. What can I do?