Re: Distance Learning and Math Courses

I'm in calc I as well. Oddly enough we just got into related rates, having just finished implicit differentiation. I barely understand implicit differentiation -- which is to say if I pull out my book and begin practicing maybe yeah, but I can't just do it yet as I don't remember. big_smile Related rates? Yeah ouch still.
For those looking for a good, free, accessible online resource for math, check out the materials at cnx.org. It's an initiative called Open Stax - and its materials go far beyond math. They do have 3 volumes of Calc though, so you can use its material at least through calc 2 and likely into 3. Everything's math ML as well.
I used that book religiously during the times my college staff were unable to provide timely material, and got a B on the first calc test without attending tutoring. I suspect that part of that is due to the relative easy beginning Calc 1 stuff, but a good majority of that is due to the well written and comprehensive nature of the books.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Urh2006 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thatguy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : electro via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector