Re: frontend web development

@22
I don't know, and I am speaking as someone who tried to get that knowledge and failed.  I let the themes of my static site generator handle it.

The most junior frontend people I've ever worked with go beyond where blind people can follow almost immediately.  Get 10 or 20 colors going, shadows, animations, you name it.  If I had to guess--without having the shared sighted experiences that let any of us guess, which is my entire point--I'd say you're looking at easily 5 to 10 different foreground colors, up to 2 background colors, at least 2 or 3 different fonts, and at least 2 or 3 different text sizes on the most basic modern blog that "looks good".

But sadly that's not actually sufficient, because HTML also isn't able to do layout by modern standards, in the sense that if someone tries to read your site on their phone and you don't put effort in they're going to have a terrible experience.  So you now also need to consider all the sizing stuff, so that your article doesn't wrap text weirdly, and test it on multiple screen sizes.  And this can't just be pixels, because devices are now too diverse for that, so you need constraints of some sort, and then that feeds cyclically back into font choices.

Sighted devs like static site generators too, or WordPress, or downloading react components from NPM and then writing special case CSS to override.  The level of complexity here is why.  There is some misunderstanding on this thread that if you're sighted you pick a couple colors and say use these colors and you're done with it or something.  That's so far from the modern reality.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Turkce_Rap via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Turkce_Rap via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector