Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

I'm just now seeing this topic. I highly doubt that the virus will mark the end of human civilisation, but I do think it'll be a fair warning to people for not paying attentin about how eqsily and quickly the human race can be wiped out due to biowarfare, or something else entirely.
We've gone through a similar pandemic in 1918, and a lot more people died from it, but still many survived. Then there was the H1M1 pandemic of 2009, but it didn't require us to socially distance as with the SARS-CoV2 that leads to COVID19.
I was actually reading some stuff on the internet about how you could get tested, which would also include a serological test after you've already dealt with the virus to see if you were immune to it. This gave me an idea. What if we could draw some vials of blood, expose the white blood cells to the virus, let it develop antibodies, and then inject those antibodies into your own body, so that you could theoretically develop immunity to the virus right away? That sort of thing could also help people who are fighting the virus, or maybe for vaccines in general.
Many scientists are rushing to develop several prototypes while we sit here, playing wack a mole with the viruss. It is hard to imagine that just a month or two ago, it was practically non-existant, and then a few days later, it rapidly becomes wide-spread.