Re: Games with Python

Pyglet handles 3D better, but recent work on it also expanded its 3D positional Audio support. It still doesn't take full advantage of OpenAL's abilities though, like HRTF, EFX, etc. For that your better off going with a more audio dedicated library. Pygame is fairly dependable, but has historically been used for 2D projects. You could also check out PySFML as a third option.

Menu development depends on how you want to handle it. One way is to keep track of the current menu in your main class, and swap between different menu classes as needed in your update cycle. If you like I can provide examples of this, or other things. Online play, otherwise known as network development, can vary. You can use Python Twisted, of which I have a few examples, or go with Sockets like Asyncio, I think theres a few other libraries around somewhere... If your just starting out, you should know that I would classify Network Programming to be an advanced concept, and that you should have a better understanding of existing concepts of development before attempting it. This isn't necessarily because the individual parts of network programming are hard to understand, but because in order to get the best results you have to be able to write very efficient code which can scale, handle desynchronization, latency, packet loss, authentication, failure states, and malicious handling, etc.