Re: A new SoundFont made by me: FPD98, a 90's Japanese soft synth

Minor update released yesterday: The preset 020 "Positive" is one octave lower, according to the original softsynth. Oh, and in case someone didn't notice, the snare of the standard kit ("GM Kit", preset 128:000, key D in octave 4) comes from the KORG Wavestation, and it also is the snare used in Sonic the hedgehog 3 & Knuckles, the clap and even other drums were used in that game (clap is D# in octave 4). A great discovery. Also, FPD98 has 2 folders with FPV tone waveforms, this SoundFonts is based in the waveforms that comes in the PCM97 folder. Old versions of this softsynth (called "Frostforest PCM Driver", or FPD95) has some different tone waveforms, they are still present in FPD98, they can be found in the PCM95 folder. I wonder if I should make a SoundFont of those too (I'm not quite sure, but it includes a simple waveform for each preset, and various waveforms are different) since I don't know how the tone waveforms are set (in terms of sample orders, different envelopes or even vibrato) in FPD95, or FPD for PC-98 computers, I'd have to do it by speculation.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dekyo-NEC2608 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dekyo-NEC2608 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dekyo-NEC2608 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dekyo-NEC2608 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dekyo-NEC2608 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dekyo-NEC2608 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dekyo-NEC2608 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dekyo-NEC2608 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dekyo-NEC2608 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector