Re: going about developing a rythem game

@17
You're conceptualizing how this processing needs to work wrong, and I'm assuming you're also using some sort of linear algebra library or something (maybe Numpy?).  The implementation you're describing for what you want to do is terribly inefficient.  Some basic resampling and not precomputing the sine wave alone would be massive wins for starters. If you want to reach out I would be happy to discuss this more, though at the moment I don't have the bandwidth to review DSP code by others.  Suffice it to say that the VOICe does almost exactly that algorithm, and was running fine on a CPU from the early 2000s when I was a kid.

Not sure if I have a public e-mail on the forum or not, but I'll keep an eye open for a PM for a few days.

Edit: or you can start a thread, if you think it should be public.