Re: Writing audiogames in Nim?

Another reason I like it is because it's compiled to C code and doesn't need an interpreter like Python. I do like Python, but it has a few problems.
It is slower than C. This isn't usually a problem for audiogames, but if you write intensive code it could be.
Distributions are very big. If you're lucky, it's just 20 MB, otherwise it's more like 40 or 50 MB. I'm sure 99% of people have enough room on their hard disks to download it, but it's not efficient. Also, there's slow startup time. Not a problem at all when you don't have it, but it's nice when you do. Then there's multithreading, which isn't so fast because of the GIL and finally, Python's not super secure. If you forget or don't know how to compile code with Cython, you can disassemble the bytecode easily. Everything is normally dynamically linked as well, so someone could compile a slightly changed version a DLL, put it in your game and make it do something nasty. Of course you could check for hashes, but it could be kinda hard to do for every DLL.