Re: Representing 3d Staircases? (Python)

I understand that. Like I said, I got the vertical lists, the ones that have tuples inside them stating the tile ranges. What I'm failing to grasp here are the three arrays.
I understand how they work. I got that the tiles are alined by their indexes. What I fail to grasp is how does the tuple of

map[0][0][(ground, 0, 15)]

gets replaced with three arrays which hold the information like so:

values = [ground]
start = [0]
end = [15]

Where does this get stored, in the x - y list?
The tuples made sense because they were ultimately placed inside the x - y list. I have no clue where the three arrays would be located at. You said that this is invalid:

grid = [[[array("h", (ground,)), array("h", (0,)), array("h", (0,15))]]]

Which rules out the possibility of storing the array within the list. So, the list of lists of compressed lists wouldn't really work here, as far as you told me.
I think we just have miscommunication here. We're restating the same question and answer over and over with neither party really understanding what the other is asking.
I will ask once again and then take a break for a couple of weeks if I still don't get it. Sometimes it just helps to have the information sitting at the back of one's brain for a bit, stew it all over.
In your three array example, do the three arrays contain the information for all the tiles present on the map, or does a new set of arrays get created for representing either another tile or column? If so, which one?