Re: Same sickenning sounds

A lot of capcom fighting games from different series use the same sounds and no one complains. Many games and anime in the mainstream also use the same sounds it's almost like they are a language unto themselves that when you hear someone get slashed, that dramatic squeal of steel slicing through flesh is recognizable from across the room and I quite like it.

But yes, there has to be moderation, especially in audiogames, because we do not have the luxury of graphics to set a game apart, so there has to be enough new and different sounds to distinguish one game from another.

As a wacky challenge, I would like to play an action game where someone makes the sound effects themselves, with just their body and a mic. I remember during a presentation at u universal studios where a whole bunch of such sounds where someone was imitating helicopters, gun shots and explosions were all stored in a machine and used for an on the spot scene. It was pretty weird, but that always stuck out to me as something unique as I never witnessed it replicated again.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Vulcan_Raven via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TheTrueSwampGamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : an idiot via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : an idiot via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Draq via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector