A very epic space battle

Well that has to qualify as probably the most epic space battle ive been through in a long time.

I was in the Westwind system carrying out special forces missions in my small shadow cat corvette, when what should hove into view but a Shark class destroyer piloted by the dread pirate Black Morgan, ---- no that's what he called himself on the scanner.

I wasn't really sure whether engaging this massive ship was a good idea, sinse while the bounty was amazingly huge, so was the risk, and taking out larger ships is a very dicey proposition.

Nevertheless I thought I'd give it a try. unfortunately, as the battle started it seemed that the sun of Westwind was disapproving, sinse repeated solar flares threatened to stun both my ship and black Morgans' with an Emp pulse, forcing me to take lots of extra time (ie two extra action points each turn), to calculate correctly to avoid.

The battle therefore didn't go well, my particle cannons wer en't scratching Black Morgan's hull, and despite all my best maneuvers he'd got in some lucky hits and my shields were at %50, and I had to really get lucky to Avoid Morgan's big and nasty missiles, one hit from which would've destroyed my ship in one go.

Then it came to me, to use my skill as a duelist to Suppress Morgan's ability to dodge the solar flares, thus resulting in his ship being hit by Emp. This let a couple of my own missiles strike hope, and let me rain in hits with my particle cannons, ---- but Morgan's shield was so huge, that the fight seemed to go on forever, even when his shield was registering zero he was able to launche a missile.

But with one last lucky shut morgan's shield finally collapsed!

I have to say that is one of the most awsome rpg battles I've had for some considderable time, it even sounds like something out of startrek.

I was not initially too sure about the s5 invasion combat s ystem, because though the random hand of skills was a good idea, at the same time it seemed nearly impossible to take out a bigger ship than yours, and not infrequently, one the same class as yours as well.

Well the balance has been fixed by improving some of the skills and powering down others, and also the duelist skill is just awsome!