Re: Creepy Windows 10 surveillance

Just because google and amazon collect data doesn't mean that everything's ok and data can't be used with malicious intent. I really don't have a problem with personalized search results and ads on google and youtube, facebook showing me shit it thinks I'm interested in (minus the alt-rite religious trash), but people don't know or seem to care that companies gather even more than that. When I move into my own place, all my internet traffic is going to be filtered through a VPN. Why? More privacy protection, for one. My actual IP address will not show up for those who may want to find it for some reason. This also avoids the issue of DDOSing and swatting. Which is important if you become a content creator who is interactive with their audience.
Speaking of Facebook however, they're a company that takes it a step to far in my book, as they actually track private messages, and sell your private messages. I don't think anyone has to be ok with that at all.
Who cares? Me. I fuckin do, man. The idea of personal space, boundaries, etc, is not like they used to be. Call me old school but I don't give a single solitary shit about the financial interest of corporations when they screw people over. Don't even get me started on the medical industry pushing poison onto people and arresting people for posession of marijuana, when alcohol related mishaps happen everyday, and genetically modified, poisoned tobacco products are still on the market.. But that's another topic.