Re: Creating a code free RPG using Sable(video 14), by Ebon Sky Studios

Hi everyone,
I’ll answer the questions which have come in below:
@threeblindnoises. That’s actually really interesting about the name, since it was so specific I thought there was probably some reasoning behind it. I really like the fact so much thought went into the name. , I also hadn’t ever heard of black noise before now, I’ve heard of white noise, but that’s it. I actually looked it up last night, it’s really interesting and I learnt about all the different  colours of noise . also love that there’s a sonic the hedgehog reference in there too!  smile I’ll answer your questions below:
-Regarding naming conventions, I actually haven’t decided yet. The pre alpha build went from version 1.0 through to I think version 1.78. when I launched the alpha build two weeks ago I reset the numbers  back to 1.0 since its an all new development cycle, I may do the same for the beta and final release stage.
- Sable supports both WAV and OGG file formats as you correctly thought.
- if you wanted to remove the pain sounds from the players, you could simply head into the player sound file , select either the male or female folder (or both) and just delete the sound files  from within there, although that would remove them from all projects you create.
- in the project options menu you can set whether you want the player to be able to pick and name their party members when they first start, or you can set the party names and class’s, so when the player starts their party members are already named whatever you decide as a creator to call them
- just saw your recent comment come in too, I’m not hugely up on sound files, I normally leave that  stuff to our sound designer. I haven’t heard of ID3 tags before, if this is something built into the sound file itself I’m not sure Sable will be able to access that information. although I don’t want to promise anything, I do have another solution, I haven’t tried it yet but in principal it should work. Can’t guarantee if or when it will make it into sable, but I was thinking  at least for intros to tell people to add the actual music track, then add the intro, name it exactly the same but append something at the end of the name  (haven’t decided what yet but something  like maybe intro or sable_intro). then when sable goes to play the music track a small piece of code simply first checks if there is  a track with a duplicate name but with the appended info at the end, if so it then plays that first which leads directly into the music track. Think that should in principal work, but again haven’t tried it yet.
@Johanntrm7, that’s a really good question. so I’m based in the UK and I will be posting it Sunday morning once I’ve woken up, that way if there are any issues I can be on hand to help. I will be aiming to probably upload  it somewhen between 9am and 10am UK  time. But please don’t hold me to that, , I’m sure I will have it ready for then, but with development you just never know. I will be starting a new topic in the new releases room specifically regarding the alpha test release of sable, that way people new to sable won’t need to read through all 500 posts in this topic. . I will post here with a link to the new topic s you will all know it is uploaded and ready to use.
I don’t think I need to mention this , but just in case its news to anyone… 1 more sleep to go!

Paul Lemm

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dragons via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gamulation via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : johanntrm7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : wlomas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : wlomas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : gregsteel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Remi via Audiogames-reflector